Thursday, December 18, 2008

Redesigning Books

Books are almost free, if you have time to find your favorites among used books at fleemarkets and overstock outlets etc. I have a bad habit to cut sides out of boosk. It could be information I find lesser interesting or offensive. It could be a foreworld, an useless dedication. also write down ideas in the marins of the books. So I redesign some books for my needs. I create a new product uBook as used Book. You could place your signature, dedicate the book, date it etc. etc. You customize it for a customer you never will meet. You could place and glue tree books in a pile. Then you get a heavy uBook you cant afford to send in the swedish mail. The wiever has to show up to collect it. The user could use the uBook as an art-object of desire like fashion.

No comments: